Monday, September 26, 2011

Batman: Arkham Asylum and City

So Batman: Arkham City is one of the most anticipated games and it looks amazing. I am really getting into the video games now (since I have a PS3, why now use it!) The more and more I look at the trailers for the new Batman game, the more I want to play the first one so that's exactly what I'm doing now.


It was game of the year and everyone loved it! I have to admit that it seemed pretty scary when I looked more into it,  so I watched the walkthrough of it. Yeah, I was right it was scary, but it looked like so much fun so I decided to play it myself. 
Right now, I just defeated Scarecrow for the last time and I have to follow him into Killer Croc's Lair. That part I am not looking forward to, but I am going to tough it out and get through it.
I started it on Wednesday, the 21st, and played just a little bit.
Unfortunately, a few days ago, the PS3 deleted my progress, I didn't get far though so I was able to get all the way to where I am now, but that slowed me down.  I have 3 weeks to finish the game before Arkham City comes out, I have also other things I have to do so I'm feeling the pressure a little bit, but I think I should be done before the release.

I am super excited for Arkham City, it looks unbelievable! It seems like they have almost all of the major villains from the comic.


For maybe the second or third trailer, it showed that Hugo Strange will be in the game. I am not sure if he is the main villain, or if it's Joker, but he will definitely be in the game and I don't know a lot about him, but I know that he knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne. I am really looking forward to seeing The Riddler as a more involved character in the game, in Arkham Asylum he wasn't physically in the game, you had to collect his hidden trophies all over the Asylum and solve riddles, and then he would gloat about how he's better and more intelligent than you. But I am really happy that he will physically be in Arkham City. Also, I can't wait to see Two-Face. It looks like he is like Gollum, where Harvey talks and than his other personality, Big Bad Harv talks back. I think that's a great idea. Mr. Freeze is also in the game, it looks like those levels will be hard. I will probably die a couple of times before I progress. Ha! But he looks great in the game. Penguin is also in it and he looks equally as good. I don't really care for him, he's not my favorite Batman villain, he's okay to me. Of course Joker is in it and Harley. Harley is now voiced by a different actor, Arleen Sorkin is the original voice actor from the animated series and she did Harley's voice in Arkham Asylum, but now she is voiced by Tara Strong. From what I've seen in the trailer, it seems like she's doing a good job. I could tell it was someone different, but there isn't much of a difference. Batman is voiced still by Kevin Conroy, who also is the voice in Arkham Asylum and the animated series and Joker is still voiced by Mark Hamill, who also did Arkham Asylum and was the voice in the animated series as well. Mark, unfortunately, will be retiring being the Joker after this game. This really makes me sad because he is equally my favorite Joker along with Heath Ledger. I will definitely miss him as the clown and I don't know who they will replace him with. That will be a real challenge, he does the voice so well. 
There might be more villains in the game, Catwoman will be a playable character but she's not really a villain, she's anti-hero. But Bane, Killer Croc and Scarecrow are still alive so I hope they return. I have to say that I love the way they designed Croc in Asylum. That's the way he is suppose to be. They really should've designed him like that in the animated series. I hated they way he looked in the show.
Also, I was glad that they didn't make Scarecrow a B-list villain in Asylum because he definitely is not. I just hope they won't recycle the Scarecrow levels with Mr. Freeze. In the trailer with him, it looked like Batman had to hide from Freeze's gaze just like how Batman had to hide from Scarecrow's. But we won't know until the game comes out. But I am definitely looking forward to it and I will update this section with my progress on Arkham Asylum and how far I am in the game. 

If you want to see the trailer for both games here they are:
Heads up, these trailers won't show all of the villains or characters in the games. There are separate trailers for different characters, there are a lot for Arkham City.

Arkham Asylum



Arkham City


You might be wondering why Joker looks the way he does at the end, you have to play Arkham Asylum to know what's going on there.

Arkham Asylum is in stores now and Arkham City comes out October 18, 2011. 
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment